• Home
  • McDonough:
    (770) 957 3937
  • Stockbridge:
    (770) 389 4864
  • Jackson:
    (770) 775 3188
  • Barnesville:
    (770) 358 3630

If I Am Injured In A Car Accident, Do I Need An Attorney?

Article by John P. Webb
Article Date: 8/25/2008 10:51:00 PM

Do I need an attorney for a personal injury case? What are your rights under the law in Georgia? Should I accept a settlement from my insurance company? What should I do if I have damage to my car due to a wreck? Whom should I call if my automobile was hit by a tractor trailer?

In most cases an attorney will maximize your recovery, putting more money in your pocket at the end of the day. First and foremost, a lawyer can advise you of your rights and obligations under the law. Make no mistake about it, insurance companies, hospitals, and most medical treatment providers are businesses first. They are concerned with the bottom line and are looking to maximize their profits and minimize their losses.

Unless you fully understand your rights and how to assert them, you will not receive the full value of your property loss, damage to your car, and the injuries you sustained. Worse, you may not receive the actual medical attention you need to be as healthy as possible again.

All too often injured persons are short-changed by quick settlement without fully understanding all that they are in need of and entitled to. If you have a skilled attorney representing you, the at fault party will recognize this and you will get better results more quickly.
All too often injured persons are short-changed by quick settlement without fully understanding all that they are in need of and entitled to.
Furthermore, a lawyer can help you negotiate complex issues such as determining which insurance policies may be applicable and how you can potentially stack those policies, negotiate medical liens and subrogation issues and ultimately settle your claim in a way that will maximize your recovery.  Most importantly, however, you need a lawyer with trial experience who can try your case to a jury if necessary in a professional way that is designed to achieve the best possible result. Hiring an attorney will usually get you the best possible result in and out of court.

If you have been injured in an automobile accident, a tractor trailer wreck, a slip and fall or an on the job injury, don’t hesitate. Contact the personal injury attorneys at SWWW today.

Keywords: car, wreck, auto, injury, tractor trailer, accident, automobile, henry, atlanta, stockbridge, mcdonough, georgia, peachtree city, settlement, conyers, clayton, john webb, motorcycle
John P. Webb John P. Webb

John Webb specializes in personal injury: car accidents, medical malpractice, motorcycle wrecks, slip & fall, tractor trailer accidents, dog bites, and product liability. John has appeared as a guest commentator, providing legal opinions on personal injury for CNN, Fox News and MSNBC. John's office is in Stockbridge, Georgia and he offers free consultations on personal injury cases.

Add your own comment


You must be logged in to comment.

Other articles
Where is the Henry County Superior Courthouse located?
Henry County Georgia - Where do I file for divorce? Which county's Superior County do I file the complaint? Which attorneys at SWWW handle divorce and child custody? How do I get to the Henry County Superior Court? Read more »
Article Date: 2/12/2013 10:42:21 AM |
Divorce in Georgia - Answers to Common Questions
In Georgia, where does one file for divorce? How do I file for divorce? Is there a way to live apart without getting a divorce? What should I do if I receive a complaint for divorce in Georgia that my spouse has filed? Read more »
Article Date: 1/8/2013 10:03:09 AM |
What Should I Do If I Have Been Involved In A Car Accident?
What should you do if you have been in a car accident in Georgia? Do I need a personal injury attorney? Who should pay for your medical bills resulting from the auto wreck? Who should talk to your insurance company when they start calling you? Should you talk with the other party involved in the accident if they call you? Read more »
Article Date: 9/17/2012 12:00:00 AM |
Divorce in Georgia - What About The Children?
In Georgia, how does child support work? With a divorce, can the parents share custody? Can payment for college be part of the divorce agreement? Does the age of the child matter when getting a divorce? Read more »
Article Date: 8/15/2012 5:16:56 PM |
Who Should Pay For My Medical Bills, My Car Repair And A Rental Car?
You are involved in an auto accident or car wreck, who is going to pay for your hospital bills, car repair, and other damages? Should I accept my insurance company's offer for damages to my car? Read more »
Article Date: 6/21/2012 9:39:50 PM |