Pre-CloserSmith, Welch, Webb & White, LLC currently has an opening for a Pre-Closer in our McDonough Office. Qualified applicants will need to have at least five years’ experience, receiving title orders, contracts, opening files, ordering surveys when needed, ordering titles, obtaining insurance premiums, ordering payoffs, reviewing titles and taking care of title curative on each file, obtaining corporate documents from Corporate Sellers and Purchasers and making sure Resolutions are received or prepared prior to closing, obtaining closing letters from Home Owners Associations, scheduling closings, ordering closing packages and printing packages, and assigning closings to the closing secretaries and handling any other items which need to be taken care of prior to closing. Must be able to speak with other Attorney’s offices and Title Company in reference to title curative. Needs to have excellent communication skills in speaking with Sellers, Buyers, Agents and Lenders so that closings can be scheduled in a timely manner. Must pay close attention to detail and be a team player. Experience with Softpro Select is preferred.
Smith, Welch, Webb and White, LLC, currently has an opening for a Paralegal in our McDonough Office. The ideal candidate should have a minimum of three years of experience as a legal assistant or paralegal with emphasis on corporate, estate, and probate law. This position is full-time, benefits eligible position and the hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Must have the ability to draft contracts.
- Must be excellent with time management including adherence to deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of estate planning and probate matters.
- Manage client files and organize information.
- Must be able to transcribe dictation.
- Must be highly self-motivated.
- Ability to manage and prioritize caseload in accordance to attorney needs.
- Must be proficient with computer and various operating systems including:
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 65 wpm.
- Ability to bill paralegal time.
- Experience with Lexis and Westlaw
Three years’ experience as a Legal Assistant or Paralegal
Paralegal Certificate or Degree Preferred
Any equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Smith, Welch, Webb and White, LLC, currently has an opening for a Post Closer in our McDonough and Jackson Offices. Qualified applicants will have at least five years’ experience as a Post Closer. Must also have extensive experience with preparation of title insurance commitments and policies, title clearance, and disbursing and post-closing. Must pay close attention to detail and be a team player. Experience with Softpro and Microsoft Word skills preferred.
Please complete the application below and email your resume to email@example.com.